The main ingredient of S-CLEAN is Ispaghula (Plantago ovata). Psyllium is a bulk-forming laxative. This means it soaks up water in your gut and makes bowel movements" much easier. It also helps promote regularity without increasing flatulence. It can be used as a one-off to ease constipation, or it can be added to your diet to help promote regularity and overall digestive health.
The daily dosage ranges from 12gm to 40gm. The powder products should be administered as 1 tea spoonful (5.0gm) with 150ml water or fruit juice. The dose should be taken 30 to 60 minutes before or after taking other medication.
S-CLEAN (Plantago ovata) is safe to take during pregnancy and nursing mothers. You should be careful to only purchase Plantago ovata from a reputable manufacturer and only as a single herb preparation like S-CLEAN.
In simple word, Isabgol is the seed of the plant known as Plantago Ovata. Isabgol is cultivated in India and Pakistan.
Botanical (Scientific) Name of Isabgol The Botanical or scientific name of Isabgol is Plantago Psyllium, Plantago Ovata, Plantago Ispaghula, and Plantago Ovata Husk.
1) Isabgol Relieves Constipation Isabgol has a decent amount of soluble and insoluble fiber that helps to make it a good cure for constipation. Isabgol has hygroscopic properties that help it to absorb water from the digestive tract and enhancing consistency of stools.
2) Natural Remedy For Diarrhoea After seeing benefits for constipation, I wasn’t expecting that Isabgol will have some properties to relieve diarrhea too as these two are antonyms, but surprisingly Isabgol is beneficial in both the cases. It is a home remedy that helps in both constipation and diarrhea. Curd provides stomach the proper quantity of probiotics that help to heal the infection and Isabgol helps hardens the stools to deal with diarrhea.
3) Improves Digestion Previously mentioned, Isabgol is rich in fiber that assists in the digestion of the meals that you eat. It further stimulates cleaning of the stomach contents by helping in the cleaning of stomach walls from excessive toxins, along with that it also, helps the stomach in the movement of food through the intestine.
4) Isabgol Cleanses Your Colon Already mentioned above, isabgol has hygroscopic properties, which make it a good colon cleanser. As per Ayurveda, It moves by way of the colon and takes up the dangerous toxin, named as AMA in Ayurveda (poisonous waste products that usually coats the stomach walls).
5) Achieve Your Weight Loss Goals with Isabgol After seeing its benefits for cleansing colon, indigestion and relief from constipation let now move on to the next one, i.e., it helps you to achieve your weight loss goals. Isabgol gives you the sensation of fullness for a long time and controls cravings. Thus, you do not binge on extra snacks or junk food which contribute to weight gain.
6) Relieves from Acidity Burning discomfort is the sign of acidity that most people experience. In case you are suffering from acidity then Isabgol is one of the finest natural treatment that can deal with this burning sensation of acidity. The Psyllium husk covers the stomach by coating with a protective layer and safeguards it from the burning annoyance caused by acidity. It assists in good digestion and minimizes the abnormal release of digestive acid and cuts down the impact of acid in the stomach. As the acid level gets controlled so does the burning sensation providing you relief and instant calm feeling in your stomach.
7) Helps In Curing Piles And Fissures Already mentioned above, Isabgol is rich in insoluble and soluble fiber. Also, the laxative properties of isabgol help in the regulation of the natural bowel movement. Isabgol is good for patients suffering from painful issues such as a-n-a-l fissures and piles. It helps in calming bowel movements in a case of pile and fissures. It functions as a natural stool softener, the hygroscopic properties of Isabgol help in absorbing water from the surrounding parts of the intestine, and thus, assisting the passage of soft and pain-free stool.
8) Reduces Heart Conditions Studies indicate a diet that is rich in water-soluble fiber has been linked with lower triglyceride levels and also makes sure that you are at a reduced risk of cardiovascular diseases. Therefore, Adding food items that are rich in fiber including psyllium-enriched cereals to your diet routine can help in reducing the risk of heart conditions.
9) High Cholesterol According to University of Maryland Medical Center, Soluble fiber that includes psyllium husk, guar gum flax seed, and oat bran, can help reduce cholesterol if added to a low-fat, low-cholesterol diet. Studies indicate psyllium can lower total, and also bad cholesterol levels (LDL), which could possibly assist to lower the heart disease risk. In Pairing with cholesterol-lowering drugs, which includes statins, psyllium gives an added advantage to lowering cholesterol levels.
10) High Blood Pressure University of Maryland Medical Center suggests in a study that Six months of supplementation with psyllium fiber can drastically lower the systolic and diastolic blood pressure in overweight people who have high blood pressure. However, Studies are not fully definite and concrete.
11) Diabetes Isabgol has natural substance gelatin that helps in slowing down the process of breakdown and absorption of glucose into the body. Therefore, It helps in controlling diabetes. Further as mentioned several times it is rich in fiber and fibrous food are known to lower insulin levels in your body. Studies indicate that diet rich in fiber could reduce insulin and blood sugar levels and improve cholesterol levels in sufferers of diabetes. Additionally, For those who are at risk for diabetes, it can reduce the possibility of developing diabetes.
12) Helps in relief from inflammation of Gut and Colon Isabgol has a compound called Mucilage which helps in lowering any pressure on the gut and colon which further helps in calming any inflammation in these parts and soothing your body.